1. Html and CSS
As we all know that Html and CSS are the core components of a webpage as they are used for giving the structure and the styling to the webpage. So before jumping into React one should have a good hold on writing Html and CSS code. The topics you should be well versed in are as follows :
- How to write semantic tags in Html.
- CSS selectors
- Box model
- make a responsive webpage using HTML and CSS.
So in order to work with React, you should have a complete understanding of what JSX is before learning about React.
- Learn about the basic concepts like variables, functions, strings and make your concepts clear on the basic fundamentals.
- Also, have a deep understanding of the Higher-order function, callback function, arrow function, state, class & constructors, extends and inheritance, map, reduce, filter, promises, modules, closures, const, let ( basic difference between var, let, and const) and other features of ES5 and ES6. For this you can follow the playlist given below:
4. Package Manager
Before learning about React you should have a good understanding of the NPM packages(Node package manager) registry and know about how to install packages using NPM.
5. Good Understand of Git and CLI
As a developer, you must have a good knowledge of Git(version control system) as you have to store your projects on Github, Bitbucket, and Gitlab. These tools generally help a developer track and host different versions of the project files.
As a developer, it becomes an essential skill to know about how git and these code hosting platforms work. In day-to-day life developers generally use Git commands to track the version of their files. So knowing about commands such as push, pull, add, commit, etc. Also having a deep understanding of how we can do the merging, branching, handling merging conflicts, etc can be a plus point.
Most of the time while working with React you will do all the things using CLI(Command Line Interface). So you should have a deep understanding of all the general CLI commands in order to work efficiently.